This year, Bay Street Hoops is celebrating our 26th anniversary. Since 1994, $2.7 million has been raised to help children and youth in Toronto and the GTA because of your support – thank you!
This year, the tournament will take place from March 26-28 at the University of Toronto. Register by February 16 to be entered in the early bird registration contest. The winning captains will each receive two tickets to the Toronto Raptors game on February 26.
Once you register, we are encouraging all players to fan-raise a minimum of $50 so that we can help even more children and youth through our beneficiaries, KidSport Ontario and the Drive for Dreams Foundation. Your fan-raising page will be created for you upon registration.
Since 2018, we have been able to raise an additional $24,000 through fan-raising. Again, in conjunction with Dilawri Group of Companies, we are providing an exciting opportunity to win a car. Our goal this year is to raise $50,000 through fan-raising.
Thanks to our friends at the Dilawri Group (Canada’s largest dealer network), the top five (5) fan-raisers will have the opportunity to win a 2019 Audi A3 (retail value of approximately $40,000) during the lunchtime three-point shoot-out contest. You do not need to be registered to play in the 2019 Bay Street Hoops tournament to participate in the fan-raising challenge. The winner must participate themselves and the right to participate cannot be transferred.
The five (5) qualifying individuals will participate in a free throw contest to determine a winner.
This winner will be given one shot to sink a basket from half-court. If you make the basket, the Audi is yours to take home.
The cut off to enter the challenge is Friday, March 27 at 6:00 p.m. EST
How to Fan-Raise
When you register for the tournament we make it really easy for you to fan-raise.
- Visit www.baystreethoops.com
- Click “donate” in the menu
- Scroll down the page and click the “search” icon
- Click on your name
- Click “donate now”
- Share your personalized page with your friends and family and encourage your teammates to join your fan-raising efforts.
The following classes of people shall be eligible to participate:
- Persons 18 years of age or older;
- Individuals who have a fan-raising page;
The following classes of people shall be ineligible to participate:
- Current or former professional or semi-professional basketball players;
- Current or former collegiate/university basketball players who have played at that level in the past 5-years;
- Current or former provincial or national basketball team players who have played at that level in the past 5-years
If you have any questions regarding fan-raising, please email email@example.com.