FAN-RAISING CHALLENGE RULES
Appendix A – Basketball Throw – Official Event Rules
Specific Terms and Conditions THE OFFICIAL OBSERVER(S) MUST BE PROVIDED WITH A COPY OF APPENDIX A. SPECIFIC TERMS, AND CONDITIONS TOGETHER WITH ANY OVERRIDING TERMS, CONDITIONS OR EXCLUSIONS AGREED BY UNDERWRITERS AT DATE OF RISK ATTACHMENT AND DETAILED IN THE NOTICE SECTION OF THIS CERTIFICATE. Terms and Conditions unless otherwise agreed by Underwriters in the Notice Section of this Certificate.
- Participant(s) will be randomly selected from those who shall be in attendance at the Event. The participant selection must be made within 12 hours of the commencement of the Event.
- The Participant(s) selected shall not transfer his or her attempt(s) to any other 3rd Party.
- The participant(s) attempt(s) must be witnessed by an Official Observer.
- For Prize values less than or equal to GBP35,000 or equivalent in other currencies, one (1) independent non-playing witness (“Official Observer”) must be present to witness all attempts and must certify that the specified Event was successfully achieved. For Prize values greater than GBP35,000 or equivalent in other currencies and less than or equal to GBP75,000 or equivalent in other currencies, two (2) independent non-playing witnesses (“Official Observers”) must be present to witness all attempts and must certify that the Event was successfully achieved. For Prize values greater than GBP75,000 or equivalent in other currencies two(2) independent non-playing witnesses (“Official Observers”) must be present to witness all attempts and must certify that the Event was successfully achieved. One of the witnesses is required to videotape* all attempts. (*See instructions for video taping in this Appendix). For Prize values greater than GBP75,000 Underwriters may provide specific requirements but generally they require an independent adjudicator as an additional witness. Further this may be accompanied by special instructions which will be provided in writing to the Assured in the Notice Section of this Certificate. The adjudicator’s fees including travel costs and expenses are in addition to the premium and the responsibility of the Assured. Underwriters reserve the right to approve or disapprove of any witness and retain the option to furnish an impartial third party to serve as one of the witnesses.
- The selected Participant(s) shall attempt to successfully shoot a regulation basketball through a regulation size basketball hoop from the distance(s) specified in the Certificate Schedule.
- Participant(s) shall not be permitted any practice, second chance(s) or warm-up attempts.
- To be counted as a successful attempt towards a reimbursable Prize the basketball must travel directly from the Participant at the specified distance(s) from the hoop and pass completely through the hoop without first bouncing or making contact with any other physical apparatus/materials other than the backboard or the basket hoop.
- The rim of the target hoop shall not be less than 10 feet or 3.3 meters above the playing surface.
- The total number of attempts shall not exceed that stated in the Certificate Schedule.
- No part of the Participant’s body or clothing may come in contact with the demarcation line(s) prior to the attempt(s).
- The following classes of people shall be ineligible to participate:
a. Current or former professional or semi-professional basketball players;
b. Current or former collegiate/university basketball players who have played at that level in the past 5 years;
c. Current or former provincial or national basketball team players who have played at that level in the past 5 years;
- In the event of a claim, the equipment used must be kept and be provided to Underwriters or their Appointed Claims Representatives, if requested, for claims verification purposes.
- If videotaping is required, each attempt must be videotaped in its entirety without any breaks in play and said tape must be provided to Underwriters Appointed Claims Representatives for claims verification purposes. Each attempt must be taped at an angle which clearly shows a complete view of the attempt.
- In the event of a claim, the successful Participant must sign, and complete a Final Claim Form (Appendix C).
- Employees of the Assured and their families are excluded.
- Participant(s) must be of the age of majority where applicable.
- To qualify for a Prize the Participant will be required to perform the specified act in the manner prescribed in this Appendix A. and in accordance with Schedule, Terms, Conditions and Exclusions in this Certificate. Failure or disregard of any of the above shall render the Event null and void and no prize award shall be made.
Underwriters have also noted and agreed to the following:
- Participants in the tournament have all been provided a fundraising page and anyone who is provided with a fundraising page is eligible.
- The event starts on Thursday, March 26, 2020 and ends on Saturday, March 28, 2020
- The Top FIVE (5) fundraisers will be brought onto the court at some time during the event.
- The five will do a mini contest (foul throw shooting and or three-point shooting) to determine a winner.
- The winner will then (right after the mini-contest) do the half-court shot.
- Confirmed that the organizer will require contestants sign a letter/form confirming they are not former or current players at this level.